Skip directly to content

Christian Orthodox Girls' School

Addthis

Share via Social Media
year: 
1906
BTD page #: 
71
BTD photo #: 
60
caption: 

Staff and students of the Christian Orthodox Girls' School in Beit Jala (near Bethlehem), 1906. Note that the students are wearing their traditional costumes. The school was founded in Jerusalem in 1858 by a Russian benefactress, and subsequently maintained at the expense of Czarina Marya Aleksandrovna.