Skip directly to content

George Shibr

Addthis

Share via Social Media
year: 
1947
BTD page #: 
300
BTD photo #: 
381
caption: 

The board of directors and some members of the Arab Architects' and Engineers' Association of Jerusalem at the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, 1947. George Shibr (sixth right), a Protestant, was an architect for the Awqaf (Muslim Religious Endowments) Administration; he undertook the restoration of the Nabi Samu'il (the prophet Samuel) Mosque north of Jerusalem, and the Ibrahimi (Abraham) Mosque in Hebron.