Skip directly to content

Khalidi Library

Addthis

Share via Social Media
year: 
ca. 1914
BTD page #: 
73
BTD photo #: 
65
caption: 

A comer of the Khalidi Library, Bab al-Silsilah (Gate of the Chain), the Old City of Jerusalem, ca. 1914. The library was established in 1900 through an endowment provided by the mother of Haj Raghib al-Khalidi (seated second from right). It was open to the public, and housed probably the largest single collection of medieval Arabic manuscripts in Palestine.