Before Their Diaspora
A photographic history of the Palestinians, 1876-1948, by Walid Khalidi.
Before Their Diaspora and this website were published by the Institute for Palestine Studies.
Ramleh, from the west. Ramleh was founded by the Arabs in A.D. 716, and for some time thereafter it was the capital of the Arab province (djund) of Filastin (Palestine).
The minaret of the White Mosque at Ramleh; also known as the Tower of the Forty Martyrs. Rebuilt in A.D. 1318, it was situated at the midpoint of the mosque enclosure's north wall. The mosque is otherwise in ruins. (Bonfils)
Palestinian students at British universities celebrating the wedding of one of their members, Izz aI-Din al-Shawwa, London, 1928.
Home | © 2016 Institute for Palestine Studies | Contact us